BIFM is the professional body for FM and provides a range of opportunities to develop yourself and your career in facilities management.
Our unique resources will help you develop core skills and increase your personal sense of success in the workplace. Use our indispensable advice, training and know-how to enhance your career.
BIFM Professional membership
What BIFM membership offers you:
- Professional development access learning support and advice services to improve, extend and maximise your career opportunities
- Networking opportunities with peers from the FM profession
- Information and knowledge keep up to date with industry developments and specialist subject areas so you can deliver to the best of your ability.
- Recognition and industry awareness Our membership grading structure provides pathways for you whatever stage in your career you are at.
Our high quality, internationally recognised qualifications are an ideal way to increase knowledge and skills for career progression, enhanced credibility in the workplace and increased earning potential.
- Carefully designed with leading FM employers and stakeholders to cover essential FM knowledge and skills
- BIFM Qualifications are available at every level, from entry level through to advanced strategic levels.
- Comprising a mix of mandatory and optional units, so topics can be selected to match specific development needs
- Qualifications come in the sizes – Award, Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma.
You don’t have to work up through the levels (2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7) – you can start at the right one for you and your organisation.
To see where you can progress your career to with a BIFM qualification click onto the Pathway below.
BIFM Training courses provide a range of intensive and interactive short courses, including a set of core FM courses ranging from foundation to advanced levels, as well as a range of specialist FM programmes.
Courses cover subjects such as:
- Leadership & Management of People
- Property & Premises Management
- Commercial & Financial Management
- Space Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Contract Management
- Sustainability & Energy Management
- Health & Safety.
Online courses are available and there is an Executive Programme for senior leaders.